Avatars! The region known as Blackrock Mountain is under attack from a powerful star shaman known as “Ragnaros“! You’ll have to defeat him in a grand Boss Battle on Day 15B/16A (October 5-6) in order to restore peace to the home of the Earthfury Clan.
Rules for Boss Battles
- There will be 15 questions in total to answer. You will use your clickers to answer the questions individually.
- You will have 2 minutes to answer each question.
- You may use any of your avatar’s powers you have learned to help you defeat the Boss.
- You will earn XP based on the following table:
- A = 1,000 XP
- B = 800 XP
- C = 500 XP
- D = 200 XP
- F = 0 XP
- If less than 75% of the class gets a question correct, Ragnaros will fireball a random Clan’s avatars for 10 damage each!
How to Succeed in Fighting Ragnaros
- understand the roles of scientific laws and theories.
- know the five scientific laws that are important for 7th grade science.
- understand the tests for scientific claims: you must have evidence that can be tested by peer-review.
- know the five important dates in our cosmic timeline… from the Big Bang all the way to life appearing.
- understand that our planet formed from dust that was leftover from a dead star… and that was an important source of the elements that make up all of the metals, rocks, liquids, gases, and lifeforms on our planet.
- understand that the layers of our planet (inner core, outer core, mantle, crust, hydrosphere, cryosphere, and atmosphere) are ordered based on density (hint: I placed the layers in that order for a reason!)
- understand that the extremely high temperatures of the planets’ core and the extremely low temperatures of space lead to a constant heat transfer from the inside out.
- understand that convection makes the liquid mantle move in circles, and that makes the crust break, slam, shift, and crush.
- know the four types of plate boundaries: transfer boundary, divergent boundary, convergent boundary (subduction zone), convergent boundary (continental).